Sadly forced to buy a new LBD for a black tie awards do on Thursday. It’s been a while since I needed to get dolled up and a fair amount of chocolate must have been consumed in the interim (unless, of course, my shoulders have just got broader from being in the gym…) I idly wondered if clothes could be claimed against tax if I promised HMRC that I will DEFINITELY only wear this dress on work-related occasions. Unfortunately, according to this handy guide and HMRC’s more detailed guidance, it seems that dressing-up is a non-deductible expense. Let’s hope we win…
- School days, school days, end of the golden rule days
- The EU referendum – a rancid political debate
- The lure of the hairdresser and the politics of grey
- Talking Heads or Tea Dances? Shaking a leg when you’re over-50
- Riding the diversity tsunami – why a diverse workforce make business sense.
- Advertising, age and the #maninthemoon
- Bah humbug to the man on the moon
- A late entry at the blogging ball (reprise)
- To MOOC or not to MOOC? What are the training options for the self-employed?
- Sexism in TV – an idea whose time has come?