As well as being Burns Night and my Dad’s birthday (happy birthday, Dad), today is the last Sunday in January, which means it’s Internet-Free day as designated by the Global Ideas Bank because – well let them explain:
Why an Internet-Free Day?
– Because there’s no replacing face-to-face interaction with real humans, we are social animals
– Because you can’t get your five a day from e-mails
– Because you can’t subscribe to an RSS feed from your grandma
– Because people’s faces are clearer in reality than YouTube
– Because your Blackberry is surgically attached to your hand…
– Because we all need a bit of R&R: reality and reflection
– Because if this has riled you, you really need it….
In case you’re wondering, I’m not here – this was set up on Friday to flip up on the site on Sunday. Now I just have to see if I can resist the temptation to log on for 24 hours. See you Monday.